Sunday, June 20, 2010

Otherworld Miniatures: Painted Skeletons and Stirges





Painting my MegaMiniatures skeletons helped me get back into the swing of things and allowed me to develop my own painting "recipe" for skeletons. My approach has been to start small and/or to start with monsters - get all my mistakes out of the way - and then settle into a groove for painting adventurers. I anticipate sending more time painting those figures than your rank-and-file evil-doers.

I've also bought a ton of 1980s Citadel miniatures for painting down the road. The Citadel figures are nigh-unto-perfect for D&D. The dwarves are exactly how I imagine them in my game. I also prefer the adventurer look to them, rather than looking like overdone hero types. Pictures of those will be far down the line.

Anyway, without further ado, here are the pics...

(ps. Don't forget to stay tuned to the blog for (what we think) will be the announcement of a great new OSR resource in the coming days)

5 comments:

  1. The stirges look great, like the little airborne sucking rats that they are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely painted!

    I have a small request, would you do a side-by-side comparison of the Otherworld skelies with the MegaMiniature ones? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biopunk, I'll get that uploaded for you, might be a day or three but I'll get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, if you paint minis, please call me. I have a boxfull that need painting, if you;re good!!!!

    lawrencejcohen@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete